Friday, 23 December 2011

My 2011 Book Review

It’s gotta be my worst ever year for reading books.

I still haven’t finished reading them, the same goes for Stephen King’s The Dome, Andrew Smith’s Moon Dust and David Icke’s The Biggest Secret.

More shocking is that I haven’t read a Peter James novel this year, and it’s not because he never invited me to any of his book launches like he promised too, it’s just that I’ve got enough to get through without adding more to the pile.

Here are the six books I did manage to read, cover to cover.

The Kingdom of the Blind by David Bishop (A Judge Dredd Novel)

11 February 2011, at home in Brighton, Paper-back, 274 pages, 10/10 rating

I just love everything to do with Judge Dredd. I read this as a follow on from reading the un-official movie script from the internet.


The Truth Agenda by Andy Thomas

17 August 2011, at home in Brighton, Paper-back, 386 pages, 9/10 rating

The best book on conspiracy theories I’ve ever read, and the only one come to think of it. I’m more of a believer than I ever have been. The book is well written, well researched and well balanced. I’d recommend it to anyone.

Totally Killer by Greg Olear

20 September 2011, on holiday in Greece, Paper-back, 274 pages, 7/10 rating

It wasn’t a worthless read, but it was close! In its defence, the memory of the story lingered in my mind for a few days which is always a good sign of a good read.


Whiteout by James Swallow (A Judge Dredd Novel)

27 September 2011, on holiday in Greece, Paper-back, 250 pages, 9/10 rating

It’s amazing how the author is able to engross me into the weird and wonderful world of Mega City One and actually make me care about the craziest which goes on in there.

I give this a whooping 9/10 and as always look forward to entering the amazing world of Judge Dredd and MG1 again very soon.

The Enemy by Lee Child

11 October 2011, at home in Brighton, Hard-back, 412 pages, 8/10 rating

The 1st Jack Reacher novel I’ve read and I’m still recovering from the shock that Reacher turns out to be a cold bloodied killer.


Tripwire by Lee Child

18 December 2011, at home in Brighton, Paper-back, 541 pages, 8/10 rating

The second Lee Child book and I enjoyed it as much as the first. Lee Child has inspired me to write my own book by not worrying how you write it, but just to write it in your own words and your own style. I’ve already got the next Reacher book on my book shelve with-in reach, ready to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment